Re: [wmx] old bug

James Montgomerie - Wed Nov 29 17:30:28 2000

Someone that my ISP's webmail interface can't identify wrote:

> henri wrote:
>
> > hmm, all the xv windows that pop up on my box (i have gnome and gnome
> > buttons enabled) have a frame and a title.
>
> Mine too.  But I can reproduce the problem using ImageMagick's "display"
> program as Fabian suggested elsewhere.
>
> It's not as clear-cut as it seems, though: some unframed child windows,
> for example Mozilla's "Save As..." dialog, appear to behave entirely
> correctly when moved from one channel to another.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the problem (probably it doesn't), but
my patch fixes a few child and transient window bugs (notably the one where things
like torn-off GTK menus or windows like Netscape's [and Mozilla's, IIRC] 'find'
dialog wouldn't disappear whern you closed them), so you might want to try the
patch.

Jamie.

Next: