Re: [wmx] Feature suggestion: a "Restart wmx" command

Liam Greenwood - Tue Aug 03 09:40:38 1999

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 11:35:33AM -0700, James Ramsey wrote:
> > Of course, if doing an actual "restart-wmx" command is a mess, it
> > shouldn't be bothered with. The theming cat can also be skinned in
> > other ways.
>
> Thinking of it, it mght be easily possible for wmx to catch SIGHUP, and
> restart itself then. Does this sound reasonable ?

I think it would be fine for me to be able to do kill -1 `pidof wmx` to
restart.  I don't really see a need for a menu item.  Not that I'm
fundamentally opposed to a menu item, it's just that for a feature
sparse wm I thinks it's a bit over the top for something that wouldn't
be much used.

		Cheers, Liam
--
	Don't tell my Mother I'm a programmer...
	...she thinks I'm a piano player in a brothel.

Next: