Re: [wmx] Feature suggestion: a "Restart wmx" command

Liam Greenwood - Tue Aug 03 10:04:48 1999

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, henri wrote:

> also the gnome control panel lets you change wm (so you can switch
> between a stable one and the one that keeps on crashing) but you have
> to make sure that you can still see the control-panel when your wm
> dies (nothing should overlap w/ it)

Hi Henri...

	I'm running your latest tarball on Red Hat 6.0.  I have to
start wmx in my xsession before gnome-session.  When I do this
enlightenment complains about a window manager already running
and do I want it to edit my xsession.  I cancel this and it goes
away.  I've told the gnome control centre that wmx is the window
manager - but it seems to not have the desired effect.  How do you
get gnome to run as the gnome window manager (ie having
gnome-session manage it)?

	Cheere, Liam

--
	Don't tell my Mother I'm a programmer...
	...she thinks I'm a piano player in a brothel.

Next: