Re: [wmx] Feature suggestion: a "Restart wmx" command

James Ramsey - Tue Aug 03 18:28:37 1999

--- Liam Greenwood <liam@sasquach.gen.nz> wrote:

> I think it would be fine for me to be able to do
> kill -1 `pidof wmx` to
> restart.  I don't really see a need for a menu item.
>  Not that I'm
> fundamentally opposed to a menu item, it's just that
> for a feature
> sparse wm I thinks it's a bit over the top for
> something that wouldn't
> be much used.

So what you're saying is that anyone who wants to have a restart
command should alias "kill -1 `pidof wmx`", or something of the like. I
can live with that. I'd still prefer to see a "Restart wmx" menu item
in addition to just sending SIGHUP to wmx, but I can live with that.

P.S. I think "killall -1 wmx" would do the same thing, as "kill -1
`pidof wmx`", and it might work slightly better too. I know that on my
system (RH 6.0), "pidof" is in /sbin, which is in root's PATH, but not
any user's PATH.

===

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----