Re: [wmx] Feature suggestion: a "Restart wmx" command

James Ramsey - Mon Aug 02 23:45:04 1999

--- O'Shaughnessy Evans <oevans@acm.org> wrote:

> Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 11:35:33AM -0700, James
> Ramsey wrote:
> > > Of course, if doing an actual "restart-wmx"
> command is a mess, it
> > > shouldn't be bothered with. The theming cat can
> also be skinned in
> > > other ways.
> >
> > Thinking of it, it mght be easily possible for wmx
> to catch SIGHUP, and
> > restart itself then. Does this sound reasonable ?
>
> I really like this idea.  SIGHUP is definitely the
> Signal Of Choice, too.

So SIGHUP would work well, eh? Shows what I know. Oh well. :-)

>  If someone adds
> SIGHUP support, I'd like to request that they add a
> menu item for it
> as well.

I agree. Even if wmx can be restarted from the command line, a [Restart
wmx] menu item would still be useful, IMHO.

Question: Would wmx have to do anything special to make sure that apps
stayed in place during the restart, especially if apps are distributed
over several desktops (or channels, as you guys like to call them)?

===

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----