[wmx] Themes?

Martin von Weissenberg - Tue Apr 20 21:47:31 1999

Hello all!

I was surfing on themes.org when the thought hit me: we need to make
wmx themable.  It's actually very simple.  You can already define
colors, fonts and pixmaps in Config.h, but how about putting all
theme-related defines (section III and parts of IV) in a new file,
e.g. Theme.h?  When you want to save a theme, just put your pixmap(s)
and Theme.h into a tarball.  If you want to install a new theme, just
expand the tarball into your wmx source directory and recompile.

BTW, I would like to see new defines for e.g. the color of the
(currently black) lines surrounding the window frame.

The whole edit-recompile-install-restart cycle is contrasting nicely
with the simple point-and-click themability of e.g. WindowMaker and
Enlightenment. :-)

By the way, how many of you have been experimenting with different
fonts and colors in wm[2x]?

--Martin

Martin von Weissenberg   <mvw@hut.fi>   http://www.hut.fi/~mweissen
"Last week, when the moon was full, the clouds were thick, and Fomalhaut was
low above the horizon, I typed 'make', and lo, it did compile." (Unknown)

Next: