Re: [wmx] XFree 4.0.2 and wmx break font display in some cases

Lasse Rasinen - Wed Apr 04 01:02:42 2001

Lasse Rasinen <lrasinen@iki.fi> writes:

[A poor textual description of how fonts are f*cked up]

> The funny thing is, when I tried this with twm, it works like a charm.
> Could there be some bug in wmx font handling?
>
> A similar bug occurs with xv: I can't grab pictures under wmx, but twm
> works just fine.

Just a small update, I finally got a picture taken with xwd.

http://basisti.tky.hut.fi/buggy.xwd

At least the xwud program can show that properly, xv was too dark.

The problem occurs at the bottommost line, just look. And since I haven't
been able to reproduce this with any other window manager, but also on two
locations with XFree 4.0.2 + wmx, I'm guessing it's something iffy going
on in the wmx internals.

I'd really appreciate if A) someone else would tell me I'm not alone with
this problem, and/or B) tell me what's wrong and/or C) could provide a fix ;)
--
Lasse Rasinen
lrasinen@iki.fi

Next: