Re: [wmx] excellent "tabbing" feature in PWM

Greck Cannon - Sat Jun 17 16:55:30 2000

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 09:39:59AM -0500, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:

> Here are some very cheap mockups of such a tabbing feature.  They
> differ in handling the tab(s) button(s).  It's another concern: how
> would you tell which window in the stack was currently active (see
> first picture)?  wmx doesn't have the active/inactive colors of pwm
> per se.
>
> In the second picture, each tab has its own button so its easy to see
> which tab is focused.  I don't know, however, if this is elegant or
> not.  It looks choppy.
>
> In the third picture, only the focused window has its button, and the
> rest do not.  This looks nicer, I think.

I agree, the third option is the nicest.  Perhaps option 1 is cleaner
looking, if another foreground text color is allowed for active titles.
Or maybe reinforce option 3 with the same.

> }    How would one attach a new tab to an existing window?
>
> Perhaps in a similar manner that window grouping is done?

I'd vote for something simple like "control button-click attaches the
current window to the last window that was focused".

--greck

--
to be bored, just click <a href="http://unpunk.com/~greck/";>here</a>.

Next: