Re: [wmx] excellent "tabbing" feature in PWM

An Thi-Nguyen Le - Sun Jun 18 17:55:19 2000

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 02:12:08PM +0300, Lasse Rasinen typed:
} I had yet another vision, text style mockup here:
}
}  ___________________________
} / xterm / xterm / xterm [ ]|
}
} Here we have three xterms, the last one of which is active.
}
}  ___________________________
} / xterm / xterm | xterm [ ]|
}
} Here the middle one is active. Note how it appears to be on top of all the
} rest. Also, the button stays where it always is.

This looks a lot nicer.  Mockups if anyone wants of the top, middle,
and bottom focus cases are at

    http://srh0967.urh.uiuc.edu/wmx/

(pwm-wm-4-*.gif).

} Then again, would the button close/hide the entire frame or just the
} current window? I prefer hiding the entire frame and closing just the
} current frame (not that I use close too much, but...)

I agree here.  Individual frames can be 'hidden' by selecting another frame
in the stack to be on top anyways.

Hmmm.  What about the client menu?  I suppose it can just be the same;
selecting an entry would raise that stack as well as making the entry
top of the stack.

} (And please, next time put then in the web and not as attachments, OK?
} Pretty please?)

Sorry about that.

} Implementation details: I feel this would mean a thorough rewrite of (at
} least) the Border class.I can't do it, since I still don't understand it
} (and I've tried since wmx-4 ;)

Plus, should it be left as a compile-time option?

--
An Thi-Nguyen Le
|All phone calls are obscene.
|		-- Karen Elizabeth Gordon