Re: [wmx] Resize idea

cannam - Wed Jul 21 11:20:10 1999

Owen Cameron <nemo@nethouse.goldweb.com.au> writes:

> Opaque window move/resizes are so much horribly slower than
> outline resize/move.[1] Is there an outline resize/move?

No, and the disgraceful but accurate reason why is that opaque
move/resize is really easy to code (and nicer, if your hardware
is up to it) and I never made the effort to work out how
outline move/resize worked.

> (or how about having resize/move by opaque for the window
> decorations, but not the window itself?

Do you mean, though, that for move the border would have to
disconnect itself from its window and move independently?
Certainly even slower, given the implementation of borders.

Chris

Next: