Re: [wmx] New feature (kludged already)

O'Shaughnessy Evans - Tue Sep 11 19:03:04 2001

Damion Yates <damiony@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
[...]
> was about 10 lines of code scattered around.  I also took the opportunity to
> lower some of the values used when resizing/dragging windows around, I assume
> these are polling intervals, these should be in Config.h or perhaps
> dynamically created based on the speed of your system.  With lower values
> everything moves _really_ smoothly!  My desktop isn't exactly speedy (cpu0:
> SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi (upaid 0 impl 0x12 ver 0x12 clock 300 MHz)) but I haven't
> seen any negative effects from this change, so it looks like the default was
> too large.

I'd like to know what values you changed.  I'm on the same size box, and
I'd be interested in making wmx a little snappier.

Thanks :^)

--
o'shaughnessy evans / Unix sys admin @ aloha.net
 Real computer scientists don't program in assembler.  They don't write

Next: