Re: [wmx] basic questions

cannam - Thu Jun 22 10:27:47 2000

"leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com> writes:

> 1. is it possible to startx and have NO windows open initially
> [...]

I don't think I can add much to O'Shaughnessy Evans's answer to
this one.

> 2. are the virtual desktops available in the default
> config/complilation of wmx - if so what is the command to
> access them. let me see if i have them.

They should be available by default, yes.  Try clicking with
the middle mouse button in the top-right corner of the screen
background; you should see a big green number light up there.
Click again with the left or middle buttons to switch down or
up a channel.  To start with there are only two channels, but
when you place a window on channel 2, a new empty channel 3
will be created and so on.  The README has more documentation.

Chris

Next: