Re: multi-session terminal (was Re: [wmx] window stacking and multiple tabs )

Jerronimo - Mon Jun 19 16:21:33 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Damion Yates wrote:
> This is how my work for the past years is able to fit in to new tech like my
> nokia9110 which also does Vnc ;)  and I'm more powerful than the rest of the
> Beeb cos of it.

VNC rocks my world as well...

It's like a single-session graphical "screen", where the state of the
display/x-server is stored on the server side, not the client side, so
you can have a fullscreen x-display (or windows display) and disconnect
from it at one location, and then reconnect elsewhere.

oh did i mention that it's also TINY!  :D

for those of you even vaguely interested:

	http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

-j

--
   Scott "Jerry" Lawrence             Visit Jerry's Computer Museum!
     sdlpci@cis.rit.edu           http://www.cis.rit.edu/~sdlpci/museum/

Next: