Re: [wmx] window stacking and multiple tabs

Jerronimo - Mon Jun 19 15:37:27 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, cannam wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:42:54 GMT
> From: cannam <cannam@all-day-breakfast.com>
> To: wmx@42.org, cannam@all-day-breakfast.com
> Subject: [wmx] window stacking and multiple tabs
>

> An Thi-Nguyen Le <viper@srh0967.urh.uiuc.edu> writes:
> > On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 02:12:08PM +0300, Lasse Rasinen typed:
> > }
> > }  ___________________________
> > } / xterm / xterm | xterm [ ]|
> > }
> > } Here the middle one is active
> >
> > This looks a lot nicer.
>
> I would consider going for diagonal lines across all three tabs
> always (as in pwm-wm-4-top.gif) and then using a lighter
> background colour (or a bold font, but that has the disadvantage
> of changing the lengths of the tabs when you click on one of
> them) for the active one.

I agree, although, it'd be nice to do something like this:
   _______  _______  _________
  / xterm |/ xterm |/ xterm []|

...although actually, I would imagine that any of these would be easy to
have all of the code in wmx, then just make it a symlink option, or
compile-time option...

Some questions i have about behaviour..

How do you add a new window to the tabbed-window?

Is it possible to "shuffle" the tabs?  ie, drag on a tab holding
Meta-right button, and slide the middle tab to the top, or whatever...

-j

--
   Scott "Jerry" Lawrence             Visit Jerry's Computer Museum!
     sdlpci@cis.rit.edu           http://www.cis.rit.edu/~sdlpci/museum/

Next: