Re: [wmx] suggestions: keyboard client menu like KDE

Lasse Rasinen - Tue Apr 18 12:05:04 2000

"cannam" <cannam@all-day-breakfast.com> writes:

> I used uwm far longer than was really necessary, on a
> distinctly under-specified Sun 3, and at the time the
> alt-click behaviour (which was as you described) was a
> real problem when trying to use an application that
> expected to receive alt-clicks itself (I seem to
> remember problems with Epoch or some such).

Oh yes, now I remember why I never used this feature in my fvwm days:
Emacs has this nifty feature called secondary selection, which by default
is bound to M-mouse thingies. The big idea is marking the area without
moving the cursor, and it's useful, occasionally.

> Now that PC keyboards have all those spare Windows keys
> that no app expects to use, I don't see why we shouldn't
> do this again.  I wouldn't be amazed if it was difficult

Mine doesn't ;) But I'm opposing this on philosophical grounds. The
application window belongs to the application, we shouldn't mess with it
any more than necessary.
--
Lasse Rasinen                       I put it all down in a letter once
lrasinen@iki.fi                     A letter I don't send

Next: