Re: [wmx] Slight menu annoyance (and comments on related stuff)

Owen Cameron - Mon Aug 16 14:44:55 1999

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 01:01:51PM +0300, Lasse Rasinen did utter:

> my X programming experience is still a bit limited). OTOH, the autodock
> when the window is on some border is a tad iffy. A lot of people move
> windows temporarily to the sides to keep the workspace tidy. I do, at
> least.

My suggestion was that the dockpoint would be a corner, not an edge placement,
and thinking on it I even think that autodocking wouldn't be my preference,
but rather have the hide/kill button become a dock/kill button when the window
is in a dockable position. (with some frame colour change or something to
indicate visually that the window is in dock-ready mode)

I still hanker for a outline frame resize though. Comparing wmx to wmaker
the other day (on my 1bit Xterminal, since that's the X I use 99% of the
time), wmaker is ALOT faster in most functions, since switching windows
isn't changing any decoration shapes, only colours. similarly, resize is
an outline, not realtime or window-background, which are the only options
in wmx...

wmx's main advantage to me is that it loads ALOT faster than wmx, and I
LOVE the way the hdie windows and channels work :) (and it looks almost
identical in 1bit as it does in full 16bit colour (and a greyscale moniter
...don't ask ;)

/Nemo
--
 .---------[ Owen Cameron, Wombat, Paddington, nemo, earth native ]---------.