Re: [wmx] Slight menu annoyance (and comments on related stuff)

Lasse Rasinen - Mon Aug 16 16:58:56 1999

Owen Cameron <nemo@nethouse.goldweb.com.au> writes:

> My suggestion was that the dockpoint would be a corner, not an edge
> placement, and thinking on it I even think that autodocking wouldn't be
> my preference, but rather have the hide/kill button become a dock/kill
> button when the window is in a dockable position. (with some frame
> colour change or something to indicate visually that the window is in
> dock-ready mode)

Right. I might clarify myself a bit: when I was talking about edges, I
specifically meaant beginning from the corner and tiling them from there
on.

The button approach seems nice. OTOH, autodocking on location would make
it simple to start programs in the dock: xfoo -geometry +0+0
But then again, ... sheesh. I like to keep a clock in the lower right
corner and I have to always make it sticky by hand. If someone had a
solution to THAT and maybe lose-the-decorations-mode, I'd be one happy camper.

But this is all talk and no code, so this is getting a bit pointless.

(Visual indicators? We don't need no stinking indicators ;)

Next: