] >Date Index
[wmx] More details on my ideaLasse Rasinen
- Sun Jul 18 14:32:19 1999
1) I meant having the click-new as added functionality, not replacing the
current menu entry (which I prefer to keep on the left mouse button,
because the finger (index finger?) pressing that button is by far the
fastest finger I have.
2) I also had a refinement of the same idea, but my time was running out
(only 30 minute at once)
Anyway, the current mouse routines could be replaced with a more general
scheme, as follows:
A mouse click can be classified in three ways:
- where does it happen? (root window, client window, window tab)
- which button is involved
- is it a click or a longer, drag-like? (it's a click if it doesn't move
much and it's released relatively quickly, otherwise, it's a drag)
Then just choose the appropriate function based on that info.
Menus (as they are now) are a drag on the root menu, current right click
window switching is a click etc.
This would also enable configuring, like
#define WINDOW_SWITCH switchWindows(some,parameters);
#define RIGHT_ROOT_CLICK WINDOW_SWITCH
if (right && click && root)
3) I AM in the Army. My kneecap was dislocated after the first week, so
I'm not enjoying it very much, thank you very much. Finnish people might
recognize an X-header.