Re: [wmx] Shapes and stuff (GQmpeg now looks good)

cannam - Tue Jul 13 16:44:50 1999

henri <henri@asu.edu> writes:
> cannam <cannam@all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:
>
> > I suspect the "right" way to do this is to reshape the
> > background rather than removing it
>
> that's what i do, call XShapeGetRectangles then use those
> rectangles to shape the background...

Oh okay, I thought it sounded a bit odd.  Good work then; that's
something that's been on my to-do list since the very first weekend
of wm2.  (Much of the early wm2 code was based on 9wm; 9wm supports
shaped windows, but that part never made it into wm2).

> welcome back.

Thanks!  It's been fun lurking (well, mostly) on the list.  I'm sure
there are some changes I don't quite approve of, but hey, it's not
up to me any more.  I think my job is just to update the web page
every now and again.

Is there a single, vaguely current latest archive with most of the
mainstream patches in it?  (Does GNOMEification count as mainstream?
It's something I _do_ approve of...)  And would another release
soonish be a good idea?

Chris
 and did anyone ever fix that Japanese language support?

Next: