Re: [wmx] WMX GNOME and other enhancements patch

James Montgomerie - Tue Nov 28 14:39:25 2000

Chris Cannam wrote:

Sven Oliver Moll wrote:

if it looks okay, I think it might be time to release v7.

[...]
How about releasing wmx-6 first

Oh yes.  Good point, well made.  It's a good thing I'm not
coordinating Linux kernel development, or we'd be seeing 2.6
rather sooner than expected...

Hey, it'd please the headline writers.

Maybe we should release wmx-6 right now, making it identical
to wmx-6pre6 (apart from the things saying what version it is)?
For my uses, wmx-6pre6 is the most stable version there's ever
been; it's probably a good idea to release it before the rather
scary amount of extra code that I'm realising is involved in
this new GNOME stuff becomes too implicated.

This gets my vote (although I think my code's stable [erm, apart from the keyboard thing], it'd be nice to have a recent 'officially stable' version to fall back on if it's not :-).

Jamie.

Next: