Re: [wmx] WMX GNOME and other enhancements patch

Chris Cannam - Sun Nov 26 15:46:37 2000

Chris Cannam wrote:

I'm going to give it a bit of a thrash
in my own preferred setup (which does not involve GNOME)

Hoo no, something fundamentally wrong here.  I applied the
patch (cleanly) to wmx-6pre6, changed Config.h so as to set
GNOME button compliance to False, and started it up only to
find that none of the windows were responding to keyboard
input.  Actually, it's weirder than that -- I could exit an
xterm by hitting ctrl-D, but nothing I typed made an impression
on the window (although hey! maybe an rm -rf /home/cannam might
have made an impression on the filesystem).  Likewise Emacs,
mozilla etc -- I couldn't type into anything.  Focus appeared
to be changing okay visually, switching desktops etc worked,
and I tried restarting it a couple of times too.

I haven't really got time to investigate right now, but it
might at least be worth a couple of other people trying to
apply the same patch and see what it does (with and without
GNOME support).

Chris

Next: