Re: [wmx] wmx development

James Montgomerie - Sat Nov 11 18:14:57 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Hale" <frankhale@lycos.com>
To: <wmx@42.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [wmx] wmx development

> Where are you getting your GNOME information from? How do you know what to
add to make it GNOME compliant? Is there a similar specification for KDE? Do
you know where to get it?

I'm using information from
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/standards/wm/book1.html.

The new home of both the GNOME and KDE standards [yes, they're actually
collaborating!] is now http://www.freedesktop.org/, but these new standards
aren't supported by current releases, as far as I can tell.

By the way, about the only things I have left to do to until WMX is fully
compliant are to work out where to read the size to maximise to [i.e. to
avoid the panel] and how to tell if a window should be borderless [like the
panel and icons].  If you find this how to do these, I'd love to know!

Jamie.

Next: