Re: [wmx] Frame focus strangeness with transparent windows

Jerronimo - Thu Jul 06 19:22:01 2000

uOn Thu, 6 Jul 2000, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 09:50:23AM -0700, henri typed:
> } > There's a transparent term that works without a special root program
> } > (well, the new version 0.4.0 does) called aterm.  Now that it's
> } > cleared up some issues with scrollbars and suchlike, I'm using it more
> } > and wondering about something more, which is that for a transparent
> } > aterm, the focus frame isn't drawn right even when it is in focus; more
> }
> } aterm isn't really "transparent" they are using the same thing that
> } the ETerm folks have been doing for a while.
>
> I KNOW that.  Okay, call it pseudo-transparency.  Sheesh.  :)
>
> But the ETerm folks *need* Esetroot.  A big fat ugly memory hog, in my
> view.  Aterm doesn't need any kind of setroot now to run very well, as
> of 0.4.0.  (Before, without a setroot, there were some rather disturbing
> scrollbar issues but the pseudo-transparency was still there).

Fyi and stuff, i've been using WMX with aterms for a while now... i have
some screenshots atop http://www.cis.rit.edu/~sdlpci/backgrounds.html

=j

--
   Scott "Jerry" Lawrence             Visit Jerry's Computer Museum!
     sdlpci@cis.rit.edu           http://www.cis.rit.edu/~sdlpci/museum/

Next: