Re: [wmx] wheel mice

Jakob Schlyter - Tue May 16 19:15:34 2000

On Tue, 16 May 2000, O'Shaughnessy Evans wrote:

> Chris Cannam <cannam@all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:
> > Now, I don't have a wheel mouse so I can't answer this
> > myself: Which of these should I include?
> [...]
>
> (I don't have a wheel mouse either, so I'm certainly not the best person
> to comment on this, but...)  Isn't the wheel typically used to scroll
> windows up and down?  In that case, maybe we should limit the use of the
> wheel so that it only scrolls the screens when the pointer is in the
> root window, or perhaps when button 1 is also pressed down (I'd say the
> meta key, but it seems like that might get annoying, having to use two
> hands to switch screens).

Sharman's patch switch channel on root, moves window between channels on
border and does nothing (i.e. sends events to application) inside windows.

/Jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>                Network Analyst
Phone:  +46-31-701 42 13, +46 70-595 07 94   Carlstedt Research & Technology

Next: