Re: [wmx] wheel mice

O'Shaughnessy Evans - Tue May 16 18:46:35 2000

Chris Cannam <cannam@all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:
> Now, I don't have a wheel mouse so I can't answer this
> myself: Which of these should I include?
[...]

(I don't have a wheel mouse either, so I'm certainly not the best person
to comment on this, but...)  Isn't the wheel typically used to scroll
windows up and down?  In that case, maybe we should limit the use of the
wheel so that it only scrolls the screens when the pointer is in the
root window, or perhaps when button 1 is also pressed down (I'd say the
meta key, but it seems like that might get annoying, having to use two
hands to switch screens).

--
· o'shaughnessy evans / Unix sys admin ·

· "Bottom line is that Emacs + clever programmer will always crush
· a fancy commercial tool + weak programmer."  -- Philip Greenspun

Next: