Re: [wmx] suggestions: keyboard client menu like KDE

Dave Holland - Tue Apr 18 10:31:23 2000

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 07:04:18AM +1000, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 03:15:28PM +0100, Dave Holland wrote:
> > Like the W*nd*ws alt-tab mechanism, right?
> > I'd love to see this in wmx...
> What on earth for?  Wmx has the best alt-tab window cycling mechanism
> around already.

Clearly, we disagree ;-)

The small feature I wanted to add was actually only referred to in
passing; I think that's where the confusion is. Under W*nd*ws, the
window which previously had focus becomes first to be selected by
alt-tab. So, I can bounce between two windows by hitting alt-tab,
releasing, hitting alt-tab again, etc...  At the moment with wmx, each
alt-tab moves me one window further around the "ring" which (IMHO)
isn't as useful.

> There's no need to bring up a dinky dialog box
> while it does it, and since icons aren't necessarily built into
> applications the way they are in Windows, it would probably look
> pretty silly, too.

I agree! Trying to put icons on would be a bad idea!

Dave
--
    Dave Holland     |    "She got naked, she started dancing, she
   Systems Manager   |     spit fire, she stopped traffic and she

Next: