Re: [wmx] The patch to fix mysterious crashes and disappearing fonts in root menus

Stefan `Sec` Zehl - Sat May 15 23:07:09 1999

On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 01:48:18AM +0300, Lasse Rasinen wrote:
> ... and before anyone else can point out, yes, sec4 at least has the
> patch. I think I should upgrade , but ... ;)
>
> However, the approach taken in sec4 allocates fonts etc. over and over.
> Is this OK?

I looked at the code in question, and must agree that this is not very
nice[tm].

On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 01:19:46AM +0300, Lasse Rasinen wrote:
> Note: Now that we don't free m_drawGC anymore, there's a tiny memory leak.
> But, since X is (in 999999 cases out of 1000000) going to die in a few
> seconds, I don't think this is a problem.

While investigationg your option, i don't see how it leaks memory ? It
doesn't free it, but then it doesn't re-allocate it either ?

Barring no objection, I'll remove borderCounter in the next version.

CU,
    Sec
--
At least in Norway, I know people have been put in jail for following
the prime directive instead of helping. -- <art@flying.broomstick.com>

Next: