Re: [wmx] cant make wmx-5

Gerald Willmann - Fri May 14 05:17:09 1999

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:

> It can't find the Xpm lib. Most probably it is not in '/usr/X11/lib' on
> yout system. (I'm quite sure you have it, since fvm needs it, too)

Redhat splits libraries into a standard and a development part.
To compile you need to have the development version installed while
the standard one would be enough to run a precompiled fvwm.
On my RH4 system:
[gerald@willmann lib]$ rpm -q -f libXpm.a
xpm-devel-3.4h-3
[gerald@willmann lib]$ rpm -q -f libXpm.so
xpm-3.4h-3
So install xpm-devel and all should be fine.
                                                 GErald

PS: I don't use wmx but wm2 compiled w/o any problem the other day.

Next: