Re: [wmx] Resize-thingy-bug

O'Shaughnessy Evans - Tue Apr 20 02:08:22 1999

Jason Smith <jason@artcomp-design.com> wrote:

> > I don't quite understand what you're proposing. Would you have one focussed
> > window (with border etc) and the rest without borders unless the mouse (or
> > mouse + hot key) was over them?
>
> yes, and no... you would be able to choose. I myself would rather that the
> window borders were never displayed unless I used the HotKey. That way I
> have a noninvasive way of seeing titles and resizing and such

One thing you might want to be careful about is building a whole lot
of non-functional configuration options into wmx.  To me, one of the
attractions of this WM is that it's so simple.  There isn't a huge
document describing a myriad of configuration options, and none of the
bloat that goes along with supporting all that flexibility.  Options
certainly have their place, but when it's something as trivial as "do we
show unfocused borders or not", I'd rather leave that kind of stuff out
of the runtime environment.  Of course, I'm not doing the developing
here, so take this all with a huge grain of salt :)

Best regards.

--
O'Shaughnessy Evans
Admin & Developer @ Artemis Management Systems, Inc.

 "Premature optimization is the root of all evil."  -- Donald Knuth

Next: