[wmx] wm2 and GNOME

Michael ROGERS - Wed Apr 07 21:47:58 1999

I've been thinking about modifying wm2 or wmx to create a minimalist GNOME-
compliant window manager, and I was wondering if anyone else is interested in
this project. The necessary additions would be X session management, awareness
of MWM window hints (?), and a change to wm2's behaviour so that right mouse
clicks on the root window are passed to the GNOME file manager. Obviously
these changes are well outside wm2's scope, but I thought the tiny wm2/wmx
source would be a good starting point for making something a bit less bloated
than E. Anyone interested?

 - Michael Rogers

Next: