Re: [wmx] Hierachical command menu

Lasse Rasinen - Thu Jan 21 03:13:34 1999

Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org> writes:

> > Anyway, this works bit awkwardly. First of all, the cursor should warp to
> > where the new menu appears, but I haven't found a way to do this
> > conviniently. Perhaps Boolean Menu::m_submenu and then warping if this is
> > true. Also, putting the directories as hidden entries and files as normal
> > entries might look more natural. I might try those features later this
> > evening if I'm not too tired.
>
> I tried it out, And I do think the submenus should behave more like the
> main menu. i.e. only stay up as long as the button is pressed. But that
> would involve popping up the new menu, before releasing the mousebutton,
> and I'm not sure how easy this is.

Yeah, like I said, it isn't very usable in that respect. I'm now trying to
make a neat/ugly/horribly perverted hack to make the Menu class understand
submenus, so that "hidden" entries activate submenus when the cursor is
pointing to the end of the entry.

The new menu would then come on top of the old one instead of cascading
like it does in most other systems. But then again, wmx has never been
like other systems ;)

Next: