] >Date Index
[wmx] client names on menus, arbitrary keybindings, remote control of wmxrsharman
- Mon Feb 28 03:09:48 2005
For a while Roland Renaud and I have been playing around with wmx and
we thought it was time we fed back our changes.
So here it is:
The main changes are:
* optionally putting the client's label on menus and sorting the
* allowing any key either without any modifier or with the wmx
modifier to run an arbitrary command
* remote control of wmx: wmx can listen on a socket and accept
These in conduction with the "xwit" and "socket" programs [links are
provided for them if you don't have them] allow you to things like:
* bind a key to circulate between similar clients. For example, if
you're in an emacs window and you press this key it will take you to
the next emacs window; if you're in a firefox window it warps you to
the next firefox one.
* bind a key to easily "shove" the current window into the next channel
without changing the current channel.
* bind a key to move the current window a bit to the left, or to the
right, or to raise or lower it.
The patch is against wmx-6pl1 which I believe is the latest.
If you have any problems or suggestions please let me know.