Re: [wmx] border around transparent aterm

stanislav shalunov - Mon Oct 09 18:01:19 2000

Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org> writes:

> I don't know about aterms border, but I personally use 'roottail' to
> display messages (in fact /var/log/messages) on my root window.
> <http://www.goof.com/pcg/marc/root-tail.html>

This seems to be a better approach overall--much more transparent.
Seems like "tail -f" semantics on a regular file is hard-coded, but
that's easy enough to change for me--I'm just clueless about X, and
that piece is handled.

Thanks.

--
Stanislav Shalunov <shalunov@internet2.edu>	Internet Engineer, Internet2

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the
subject.                                   -- Winston Churchill

Next: