Re: [wmx] "New" on click?

O'Shaughnessy Evans - Fri Jul 16 21:19:16 1999

Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org> wrote:
[...]
> This makes sense to me, too. I just wonder if we shouldn't drop "New"
> altogether, because everybody can make a New button easily?
>
> Perhaps just put it on the middle button if there is no ~/.wmx menu at all?

Hmm.  The one (possibly trivial) problem I can see with this is that
I will _always_ want the "New" item to be at the top of the menu.  If I
have a menu item like "Hosts", it's going to get sorted above the "New"
item, which isn't too good.  I'd have to resort to calling it "-New" or
"1-New" or something like that.  That's not a horrible workaround, though,
so this whole thing may not be a concern.  I'm not sure which way I would
prefer.  Thoughts?

--
O'Shaughnessy Evans

 Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins,
 they are quick to anger and have no need for subtlety.

Next: