Re: [wmx] "New" on click?

O'Shaughnessy Evans - Fri Jul 16 20:54:25 1999

Owen Cameron <nemo@nethouse.goldweb.com.au> wrote:
[...]
> Hell, actually, I'd even say abolish the "new" from the left-mouse totally,
> and hardcode it as thre first item of the middle-mouse menu, (which is then
> still chosen on-click-without-move), with other items on the middle-mouse
> being dynamic according to $HOME/.wmx/ same as now... that then puts all of
> wmx's own ability to open a program in one spot :)

This makes a lot of sense to me.  I've always wondered why the "New" item
was under the left-button menu anyhow.  If it stays on the left, I'll
have to argue against making it the "no move" default of the pointer.  I
accidentally click on the root menu when trying to grab a window border
or titlebar _way_ too often for this to be convenient.  It would be far
worse to have unexpected xterms popping up at every misplaced root window
click.  But the _only_ purpose of the middle button under wmx is to open
up a window, so this makes it the logical location of the "New" menu and
eliminates the possible inconvenience of accidental xterm'ing via the
default click action.

--
O'Shaughnessy Evans

 "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Next: