Re: [wmx] more gnome stuff

henri - Mon Jun 21 09:44:49 1999

good point.

umm. it seems to me that a config.h option would be possible. (to have
both standard gnome and what you described)

i never use gmc (well, that's a lie, i have a few icons on the desktop
that i double click, but i never move or delete them). matter of fact
i never use any of the menus (wmx or gnome), although it's nice to
have the "new" option when everything crashes and no xterms are left
open.

someone want to write the patch? if not i'll get to it later in the
week.

took a quick look at gtk+ programming and decided that it's not
something i want to dedicate cycles to.

henri

Lasse Rasinen <lrasinen@iki.fi> wrote:

> henri <henri@asu.edu> writes:
>
> > moved the left mouse 'menu' to the middle mouse, dropped the .wmx
> > menu, pass left and right clicks to gnome.
> >
> > (when clicked on root window)
> >
> > left mouse -> rubber band mode, you get to select >1 gmc icon
> > middle mouse -> "new" + window list
> > right mouse -> gnome menu
>
> Why not simply lie to Gnome?)
>
> Since Gnome menu is meant to supersede .wmx menu, why not use left for
> window list, middle for Gnome menu, and right for rubberbanding? This way
> the UI doesn't change too much.
>
> Also, the possibility to leave the buttons in wmx-compatible mode would
> also appeal to some people like myself. I don't see myself using gmc in
> the near future, nor the Gnome menu, as I like the simplicity .wmx menu
> has.

Next: