Re: [wmx] wm2 and GNOME

O'Shaughnessy Evans - Fri Apr 09 17:54:03 1999

Michael ROGERS <M.Rogers@cs.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
[... snipped ...]
>  I have a couple of suggestions for cosmetic changes (comments?):
>
> Right-clicking on the tab button should kill a window, left clicking
> hides it.

>From this question and something you mentioned earlier, I get the feeling
you won't be keeping wm[2x]'s feature of right-clicking to rotate focus
through the window list, regarless of where the focus currently lies.  I
never use this feature anyhow, so count me in on the "don't care" list.

> Should the frames of focussed windows be transparent? I like the
> "floating" look of unfocussed window frames, but this would remove the
> vertical-only and horizontal-only resize tabs. Does anyone use these?

Now that you've told me the single-plane resize tabs are there, I'll be
using them on a regular basis.  Somehow I never noticed that feature
before, but I'm sure it will come in handy now.  Thanks :)  So why would
you want to get rid of that?  How else were you planning on indicating
which window has the focus?

Regards.

--
O'Shaughnessy Evans
Admin & Developer @ Artemis Management Systems, Inc.

 Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins,
 they are quick to anger and have no need for subtlety.

Next: