Re: [wmx] cleaner alt-drag patch

Teemu Voipio - Mon Feb 11 01:46:10 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 12:48:09AM +0200, Teemu Voipio wrote:
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:48:09 +0200
> From: Teemu Voipio <mystran@wasteland.pp.htv.fi>
> To: wmx@42.org
> Subject: [wmx] cleaner alt-drag patch
>

> Here's a cleaner version of damion's old patch for dragging windows from
> anywhere on the window with your alt-key pressed. This one honors
> CONFIG_ALT_KEY so you can use your windows key or anything without any
> extra edit to sources..

I'd like to add one more thing..

At least for me (can't keep track with my patching things, should be
standard with wmx-6) shaped windows have absolutely no window
decorations of any kind so it's impossible to move them.

Just realized that this patch removes the problem, since by hitting your
ALT or WINDOWS or whatever key and dragging the window with mouse there
really is no need for decorations anymore so you can still move things
like xeyes. Any use for something like window resize the same way with
Button2 or something ?

--
 - Teemu Voipio <tvoipio@cc.hut.fi>
    Mystran  ==  my very own nick @ IRC  ==  god's gift to net