Re: [wmx] wmx is jerky as I drag window accross screen

O'Shaughnessy Evans - Mon Dec 31 19:34:40 2001

leegold <leegold@operamail.com> wrote:

> maybe X is being "tested" as it remaps the
> wmx window form accross the screen. Very halted and jerky
> motion when I drag a wmx or wm2 window.
>
> COuld it be that I set X 4.x for 32bit ture color...
> And it's hard on my system?
> I have 128rAM, 32 MEG VIDEO RAM. PII machine.
>
> Any ideas appreciated

I don't know for sure, but it sounds to me like you have a much better
video card than your system could make good use of.  But I've run WMX
on much less without any real problems, so I would be inclined to think
that it's the 32-bit thing.

--
o'shaughnessy evans / Unix sys admin @ aloha.net
 "Think of the simplest thing you can play, and then play half of that."

Next: