Re: [wmx] antialiased fonts, Subversion, etc

henri - Sat Dec 15 01:33:10 2007

sweet!

funny, getting wmx to work with gnome/kde/etc is close to the top of
my list again (for the same reason)

i'm 95% sure that the gnome stuff in there now is out-of-date. the "new"
desktop spec should be looked at if we want wmx to play nice with
others (not a huge priority)

henri

On 12 Dec 2007, Chris Cannam <cannam@all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:

> Well, it's been a while.  I wonder whether anyone reading this is
> still using wmx?  I haven't used it myself for a few years now, but
> have just come back to it -- with widescreen laptops so common now,
> every vertical pixel counts.
>
> I've just committed support for Xft anti-aliased font support, and
> also moved the repository on SourceForge from CVS to Subversion.
>
> To check out wm2:
> svn co http://wm2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wm2/trunk/wm2
>
> To check out wmx (now with anti-aliased fonts by default!):
> svn co http://wm2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wm2/trunk/wmx
>
> I've also created a branch for some work on the various freedesktop
> hints, with a vague thought to finally getting around to releasing a
> modern-desktop-compliant version of wmx.  As a first step, I've
> committed the GNOME compliance patch that Jamie Montgomery posted to
> this list in November 2000.  No, you can't say we don't respond
> quickly here!  Responding quickly is the thing we do best!  When we
> get around to it, that is.  Patches invited for the next release,
> currently pencilled in for late 2014.
>
> To check out that branch:
> svn co http://wm2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wm2/branches/wmx-netwm
>
> It'll need quite a bit of work before it's really usable though.
>
> Does anyone out there have any outstanding patches of any sort for wmx?

Next: