Re: Meeting in January

Harald Joerg - Mon Jan 14 17:51:05 2008

Richard Foley <Richard.Foley@rfi.net> writes:

> On Monday 14 January 2008 17:23, you wrote:
>>
>> > Wie kann ich euch erkennen im Loewenbraeukeller?
>>
>> The easiest thing will be to ask for a table reserved for my name
>> (Harald Jörg).
>>
> For different values of "yuerhgh"!
>
> In the Loewenbreukeller things might go a little easier with this recognisably
> German name, than at the last Italian restaurant we were at, where I tried no
> end of variations of: (perl|mongers|munichperl|programmierer|harald|joerg|
> usw|etc), and ended up on another table altogether because we couldn't
> identify any correlation between actual name and what the staff had written
> down over the telephone.  Forewarned is forearmed!
>
>         ;-)

Thanks for the warning.  Indeed, this is a good advice.  When I called
them on the phone, I spoke with a person with a pakistanian dialect
(or at least, with a dialect I hardly understood).  He told me that he
would forward me to the chief, which in turn was a person with
another, but similarly incomprehensible dialect.

I think I'll bring my camel cotton bag, just to make sure...
--
Cheers,
haj

Next: