local cpan config

Robin Clarke - Mon Nov 29 16:58:44 2010

On Fri, November 26, 2010 16:01, William Travis Holton wrote:
> Well, first of all, sudo privileges shouldn't be a factor since what I
sent is made to be installed under your $HOME directory under something
like
> ~/local_libraries
Yes - that's exactly what I wanted, and set up.

> What version of CPAN are you using? I don't know that it necessarily
makes a difference, but I'm running 1.942.
1.9456

> I'm assuming you've also replaced some of the default directories I sent
earlier with your own architecture stuff.
Of course!

> on my system
> PERLARCH=x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
I have same (thanks for the how-to Gabi!)

> Also see what happens when you do
> perl -I .cpan -MCPAN::MyConfig -e ''
No errors...

On Fri, November 26, 2010 19:44, gabi wrote:
>> ActivePerl
> Windows?
Nope.  Linux.  But no sudo or other root access.

Best winds,
-Robin-

Next: