Re: Giving a talk at YAPC::Europe...

Steffen Beyer - Sun Apr 07 08:36:11 2002

Hello Richard,
hello all Perl Mongers from Munich!

At the German Perl Workshop in February you asked me if I wouldn't
like to give a talk at the YAPC::Europe conference in Munich later
this year.

In fact I would like to do so, but for the time being, I unfortunately
don't even know if I will be able to attend!

I don't know if you already heard the news:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/tol-03.04.02-001/ - "Content-Management-Firma Imperia entlässt Mitarbeiter"
http://www.dotcomtod.com/article.php?sid=6565 - "Imperia - Das Hürther Kettensägenmassaker"
http://www.gh100.de/ - "Imperia baut Stellen ab" (ggfs. nach "Imperia" suchen)
bzw.
http://www.gh100.de/ghhwww?fn=ghh&sFn=buildframe&contentjob=cn_content&docid=54412&CONTENTJOB=cn_searchdo&DEBUG=-1&IADMIN=-1&ID0=SITE_50002&ID1=PAGE_50098&ID2=-1&ID3=54412&IDD=PAGE_50099&IDN=PAGE_50098&ISEARCH=Imperia&SEC=0&SHX=0

Fact is that the company I'm working for is firing about 1/4 of its
employees (about 15 of around 60) due to sudden (?) lack of revenue.

They want to get rid of a maximum number of people, as fast as possible,
and already tried to coerce some into giving up their worker's rights
(Kündigungsfristen and Arbeitslosengeld-Bezugsrecht) by signing an
"Aufhebungsvertrag". Many people have therefore already seeked legal
advice...

This means that I am currently looking for a new job, because this
is no secure place for me to stay...

Does anyone know by any chance anybody who could use somebody like me? :-)
Thank you all very much in advance for your understanding and possible help!

(My CV and table of professional experiences can be downloaded from
http://www.engelschall.com/u/sb/whoami/details/curriculum/ - please
write me for the login and password.)

Best regards,
--