Room service

Tobias Henoeckl - Thu Nov 21 17:40:40 2002

Warum erinnert mich das nur so an die telefonischen Bestellungen beim
Asia-Lieferdienst (und ich sag euch, Henoeckl ist kein leichter Name zum
Buchstabieren ;-> )

Be warned, you're going to find yourself talking "funny" for a while after
reading this. It was nominated "best e-mail of 1997". A telephone exchange
between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in Asia, which was
supposedly recorded and published in the "Far East Economic Review."
Room Service (RS): "Morny. Ruin sorbees."
Guest (G): "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."
RS: "Rye ... Ruin sorbees ... morny! Djewish to odor sunteen??"
G: "Uh, ... yes ... I'd like some bacon and eggs."
RS: "Ow July den?"
G: "What??"
RS: "Ow July den? ... pry, boy, pooch?"
G: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry; scrambled please."
RS: "Ow July dee bayhcem ... crease?"
G: "Crisp will be fine."
RS: "Hokay. An San tos?"
G: "What?"
RS: "San tos. July San tos?"
G: "I don't think so."
RS: "No? Judo wan toes??"
G: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan toes'
means."
RS: "Toes! toes! ... why djew Don Juan toes? Ow bow singlish mopping we
bother?"
G: "English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an
English muffin will be fine."
RS: "We bother?"
G: "No. ... just put the bother on the side."
RS: "Wad?"
G: "Uh, ... I mean butter ... just put it on the side."
RS: "Copy?"
G: "Sorry?"
RS: "Copy ... tea ... mill?"
G: "Yes. Coffee please, and that's all."
RS: "One Minnie. Ass ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease baychem, tossy
singlish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy ... rye??"
G: "Whatever you say."
RS: "Tendjewberrymud."
G: "You're welcome."

Next: