Corporate Lessons

Tobias Henoeckl - Fri Oct 18 13:55:03 2002

Corporate lesson 1
A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing her
shower when the doorbell rings.  After a few seconds of arguing over
which one should go and answer the doorbell, the wife gives up, quickly
wraps herself up in a towel and runs downstairs.  When she opens the
door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour.

Before she says a word, Bob says," I'll give you 800 dollars to drop
that towel that you have on."  After thinking for a moment, the woman
drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob.  After a few seconds,
Bob hands her 800 dollars and leaves.

Confused, but excited about her good fortune, the woman wraps back up in
the towel and goes back upstairs.  When she gets back to the bathroom,
her husband asks from the shower "Who was that?"  "It was Bob the next
door neighbour," she replies.  "Great," the husband says, "did he say
anything about the 800 dollars he owes me?"

Moral of the story: If you share critical information pertaining to
credit and risk in time with your stakeholders, you may be in a position
to prevent avoidable exposure!

Corporate lesson 2
A priest was driving along and saw a nun on the side of the road; he
stopped and offered her a lift, which she accepted.  She got in and
crossed her legs, forcing her gown to open and reveal a lovely leg.  The
priest had a look and nearly had an accident.  After controlling the
car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg.  The nun looked at him
and immediately said, "Father, remember psalm 129?"  The priest was
flustered and apologised profusely.  He forced himself to remove his
hand.  However, he was unable to remove his eyes from her leg.  Further
on, while changing gear, he let his hand slide up her leg again.

The nun once again said, "Father, remember psalm 129?"  Once again the
priest apologised."  Sorry sister but the flesh is weak."  Arriving at
the convent, the nun got out gave him a meaningful glance and went on
her way.  On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to retrieve a
bible and looked up psalm 129.  It Said, "Go forth and seek, further up,
you will find glory."

Moral of the story: Always be well informed in your job, or you might
miss a great opportunity!

Corporate Lesson 3
A sales rep, an administration clerk and the manager are walking to
lunch when they find an antique oil lamp.  They rub it and a Genie comes
out in a puff of smoke. The Genie says, "I usually only grant three
wishes, so I'll give each of you just one." "Me first!  Me first!" says
the admin clerk.  "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat,
without a care in the world."  Poof!  She's gone.

In astonishment, "Me next!  Me next!" says the sales rep.  "I want to be
in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless
supply of pina coladas and the love of my life."  Poof!  He's gone.
"OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager.  The manager says, "I
want those two back in the office after lunch."

Moral of story: Always let your boss have the first say.

Next: