] >Date Index
Are You A Prostitute Or A Consultant?Markus Wennrich
- Fri Aug 09 15:43:24 2002
Are You A Prostitute Or A Consultant?
1. You work very odd hours.
2. You are paid a lot of money to keep your client happy.
3. You are paid well but your pimp gets most of the money.
4. You spend a majority of your time in a hotel room.
5. You charge by the hour but your time can be extended for the right
6. You are not proud of what you do.
7. Creating fantasies for your clients is rewarded.
8. It's difficult to have a family.
9. You have no job satisfaction.
10. If a client beats you up, the pimp just sends youto another
11. You are embarrassed to tell people what you do for a living.
12. People ask you, "What do you do?" and you can't explain it.
13. Your family hardly recognizes you at reunions (at least the
reunions you attend.)
14. Your friends have distanced themselves from you and you're left
hanging with only other "professionals."
15. Your client pays for your hotel room plus your hourly rate.
16. Your client always wants to know how much you charge and what they
get for the money.
17. Your pimp drives nice cars like Mercedes or BMWs.
18. Your pimp encourages drinking and you become addicted to drugs to
ease the pain of it all.
19. You know the pimp is charging more than you are worth but if the
client is foolish enough to pay it's not your problem.
20. When you leave to go see a client, you look great,but return
looking like hell (compare your appearance on Monday AM to Friday PM).
21. You are rated on your "performance" in an excruciating ordeal.
22. Even though you get paid the big bucks, it's the client who walks
23. The client always thinks your "cut" of your billing rate is higher
than it actually is, and in turn, expects miracles from you.
24. When you deduct your "take" from your billing rate, you constantly
wonder if you could get a better deal with another pimp.
25. Everyday you wake up and tell yourself, "I'm not going to be doing
this stuff the rest of my life."
Programming languages are like pizzas - they come in only ``too'' sizes:
too big and too small.