Have you ever wondered why?...

Axel Hoffmann - Wed Mar 14 07:53:18 2001

On the very first day, God created the cow.  He said to the cow, "Today I
have created you! As a cow, you must go to the field with
the farmer all day long. You will work all day under the sun!  I will
give you a life span of 50 years."

Cow objected "What? This kind of tough life you want me to live for 50
years? Let me have 20 years, and the 30 years I'll give back to you."
So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the dog.  God said to the dog,"What you
are supposed to do is to sit all day by the door of your house. Any
people that come in, you will have to bark at them!  I'll
give you a life span of 20 years!"

Dog objected. "What? All day long to sit by the door?  No way! I give
you  back my other 10 years of life!"  So God agreed.

On the third day, God created the monkey.  He said to the
monkey, "Monkey has to entertain people. You've got to make them
laugh and do monkey tricks.  I'll give you 20 years life span."

Monkey objected. "What? Make them laugh?  Do monkey faces and tricks?  Ten
years will do, and the other 10 years I'll give you back."  So God agreed.

On the fourth day, God created man and said to him, "Your job is to sleep,
eat, and play. You will enjoy very much in your life. All you need to do
is to enjoy and do nothing. This kind of life, I'll give you 20 years of
life span."

Man objected. "What? Such a good life!  Eat, play, sleep, do nothing?
Enjoy the best and you expect me to live only for 20 years?  No way,
man!......Why don't we make a deal?  Since Cow gave you back 30 years, Dog
gave you back 10 years and Monkey gave you back 10 years, I will take them
from you!  That makes my life span 70 years, right?"  So God agreed.

AND THAT IS WHY.....
In our first 20 years, we eat, sleep, play, enjoy the  best and do nothing
much. For the next 30 years, we work all day long, suffer and get to
support the family. For the next 10 years, we entertain our grandchildren
by making monkey faces and monkey tricks. And for the last 10 years, we
stay at home, sit in front of the door and bark at people.

Axel Hoffmann - IRC: axel_f - WWW: http://www.schwabing.org/~axel/
Tel.: 089 / 361 80 12 - Fax: 089 / 361 80 23
Email: axel@schwabing.org