George W. Bush for President... (scary!)

Wolfgang Schemmel - Mon Dec 18 16:41:08 2000

There has to be a recount in Florida and a revote whatever
to stop this.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
...George W. Bush,Jr.
(if only)

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a
mother and child."
?Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(who says he isn't open-minded?)

"Welcome to Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(Uh-huh!)

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit...Mars is somewhat
the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We
have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and
water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If
oxygen, that means we can breathe."
?Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 8/11/94
(who thinks he should be the first to test this theory)

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's
history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived
in this  century. I didn't live in this century."
?Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/15/95
(now I'm starting to get frightened)

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more
freedom and democracy - but that could change."
?Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/22/98
(really frightened)

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any
Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
?Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 12/6/93
(I mean this man is probably about to be made president)

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
?Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 11/30/96
(Yeah, like American Governors)

"I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good
judgements in the future."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(It gets better...)

"The future will be better tomorrow."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(Told ya!)

"We're going to have the best educated American people in
the world."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/21/97
(Well, it's true, kind of)

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive
positions and have a tremendous impact on history."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(So can people who are really really stupid)

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93
(Good for you - would you like to look at the list?)

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO.
We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of
Europe."
...Governor George W.Bush, Jr.
(Somebody give this man an atlas)

"Public speaking is very easy."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to reporters in 10/9
(...provided you aren't expected to make any sense)

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
( ...I am the problem)

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going
to the polls."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(!!!!!!!!)

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the
killing in  LA, my
answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the
riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the
killings? The killers are to blame.
...George W. Bush, Jr.
(Oooh, controversial!)

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of
not having
it."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/20/96 (?????)

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not
occur."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97
(errrr)

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
...Governor George W.Bush,Jr., 9/5/93
(Yippee, we can close down the fast food chain, then)

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach
our children."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/18/95
(Well, they certainly aren't getting any competition from
politicians)

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes
that George Bush may or may not make."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(But I'm not American!)

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to
enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(Not dodging the questions there, are you Georgie?)

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the
 impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(Genius!)

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.
(YOU FIRST)

The State of Texas, under the leadership of Governor George
W. Bush, is ranked:
- 50th in spending for teachers' salaries
- 49th in spending on the  environment
- 48th in per-capita funding for public health
- 47th in delivery of social services
- 42nd in child-support collections
- 41st in per-capita spending on public education and ...
- 5th in percentage of population living in poverty
- 1st in air and water pollution
- 1st in percentage of poor working parents without
  insurance
- 1st in percentage of children without health insurance
- 1st in executions (average 1 every 2 weeks for Bush's 5
  years as Governor)

Next: