How to truly impress a client

Markus `Nick` Wennrich - Sun Dec 03 23:08:32 2000

HOW TO TRULY IMPRESS A CLIENT

I was in the airport VIP lounge en route to Seattle a couple of
weeks ago.  While in there, I noticed Bill Gates sitting
comfortably in the corner, enjoying a drink.

I was meeting a very important client who was also flying to
Seattle, but she was running a little bit late.

Well, being a straightforward kind of guy, I approached the
Microsoft chairman, introduced myself, and said, "Mr. Gates,
I wonder if you would do me a favor."

"Yes?"

"I'm sitting right over there," pointing to my seat at the bar,
"and I'm waiting on a very important client.  Would you be so
kind when she arrives as to come walk by and just say, 'Hi,
Ray,'?"

"Sure."

I shook his hand and thanked him and went back to my seat.

About ten minutes later, my client showed up.  We ordered a
drink and started to talk business.

A couple of minutes later, I felt a tap on my shoulder.  It was
Bill Gates.

"Hi, Ray," he said.

I replied, "Piss off, Gates, I'm in a meeting."

--
A candidate is a person who gets money from the rich and votes from the
poor to protect them from each other.

Next: