[jeff@hghtk.com: Computer Business Retiree...]

Markus `Nick` Wennrich - Tue Oct 26 13:55:02 1999

Dick had been in the computer business for 25 years and was finally sick and
tired of the stress.  He quit his job and bought 50 acres of land in West
Virginia, as far from humanity as possible.  He only saw the postman once a
week and picked up groceries once a month.
It was total peace and quiet.
After six months or so of almost total isolation, Dick was finishing dinner
when someone knocked on his door.  He opened it and there was a big, bearded
West Virginian standing there.
"Name's Enoch...your neighbor from four miles over the ridge...Having a
party Saturday...thought you'd like to come."
"Great," said Dick.  "After six months of this, I'm ready to meet some local
folks. Thanks!"
As Enoch was leaving, he stopped and said, "Gotta warn you, there's gonna be
some drinkin."
"Not a problem..after 25 years in the computer business, I can drink with
the best of 'em."
Again, as he started to leave, Enoch stopped and turned.
"More'n likely gonna be some fightin' too."
Damn, thought Dick, tough crowd. "Well, I can get along with people.
I'll be there.  Thanks again."
Once again Enoch turned from the door..."I've seen some wild sex at these
parties too."
"Now, that's not a problem at all," said Dick.  "Remember, I've been alone
for six months!  I'll definitely be there...by the way, what should I wear?"
Enoch stopped at the door for the last time and said, "Whatever you want.
Just gonna be the two of us!"

Next: